Recipe by Annacia
A few teaspoons of instant coffee crystals or instant espresso powder go into these sugar cookies that are also topped with coffee icing.
Top Review by KellyMac6
Mmmm delicious. Like a sugar cookie with a little extra flavor. Loved these and will make again. Also, I ran out of parchment for my second baking sheet and the cookies from that sheet were a bit flatter so I would recommend using the parchment. Thank you! Made for PRMR tag.
- 19.71 ml water
- 9.85 ml instant coffee crystals (or 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- instant coffee crystals, coarsely crushed (optional)
- 0.59 ml instant coffee crystals or 0.25 ml espresso coffee
- 14.79 ml whipping cream
- 236.59 ml sifted powdered sugar
- whipping cream, enough additional (1 to 2 tablespoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set the cookie sheet aside.
- In a small bowl stir together water and coffee crystals or espresso coffee powder until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and salt, beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and coffee mixture; beat until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet; spread dough into 2-inch circles.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet set on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- When cookies are cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a very small round tip with Coffee Icing.
- Pipe icing onto cookies in a zigzag pattern. Or, thin icing with additional whipping cream to make icing of drizzling consistency; use fork tines to drizzle icing over cookies ( If desired, sprinkle with crushed coffee crystals. Makes about 20 cookies).
- COFFEE ICING:
- Stir together 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee crystals or dash of espresso coffee powder and 1 tablespoon whipping cream until coffee is dissolved.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, the coffee-cream mixture and enough additional whipping cream (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of piping consistency.