Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This coffee cake is pretty darn perfect, AND it is way lower in fat than regular coffee cake that normally uses sour cream and a stick of butter! You will love this recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Streusel and filling are the first five ingredients listed.
- Make the filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa in a bowl, set aside.
- Make the cake my stirring together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla and oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 3 Tablespoons butter and white sugar. This will resemble crumbs.
- Add the wet ingredients, (egg mixture) to the sugar butter and mix together until well combined.
- Add the flours, (1 cup white and 3 tbls. whole wheat) baking powder, and salt to the batter and now mix all together until well combined. Batter will be on the thick side.
- Grease an 8 inch pan and add half the batter to the pan.
- Now take the brown sugar cinnamon cocoa mixture and sprinkle half of it on the top of the batter in the pan.
- Put the remaining cake batter on top of the filling. This might require you to spread it evenly over the filling.
- Add 1/4 flour, 2 Tablespoons butter, and finely chopped pecans to the remaining brown sugar mixture to make the streusel topping.
- Place streusel on top of cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.