1/4 Photos of Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
This was from one of the first contestants, Susannah Locketti, of Food Networks Next Food Network Star show. I would like to thank everyone who has posted such nice comments, but really Susannah deserves credit for this recipe. The green curry paste is quite hot, so you may want to adjust the curry paste for heat. I've updated the recipe to just reflect a few things noted in the comments as well as my own preparation methods that I've noticed in three years since I published this recipe. Enjoy! April 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces light coconut milk (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste (use red if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, fat removed, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (white part only)
- cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/2 lb fettuccine, look for high-fiber
- cooking spray
- 1 lime
- 1Slice lime into wedges, juice half the wedges. Set aside lime juice. Set aside rest of wedges for garnish.
- 2Combine all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside or refrigerate until ready to prepare the rest of the dish.
- 3To roast the red bell pepper:.
- 4-Cut pepper in half and remove seeds and white part. Place on broiler pan skin side up. Broil until skin just starts to char, about 5-7 minutes. Slice when cool. You could use a torch to char it if you like, or substitute jarred roasted red pepper slices.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until thoroughly combined (milk through black pepper) and set aside.
- 6Boil the pasta al dente according to box directions.
- 7Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and sauté chicken until browned and cooked through, above 5-7 minutes.
- 8Add the peanut butter and move around until it melts and coats the chicken.
- 9Add the roasted red peppers, water chestnuts, onions and scallions and season with salt and pepper as you like. Sauté for about five minutes, until cooked through.
- 10Pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken and vegetables and stir gently. Leave on heat for another 3-5 minutes just to warm it all through and thicken a bit. Season with salt and pepper as needed. At the last minute, toss in cilantro & lime juice and stir through.
- 11Put linguine in a large deep platter or decorative bowl and pour mixture over the top. Toss gently with tongs. Garnish with limes and cilantro as desired.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.5 mg
- Sodium 750.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
green curry paste