Thai Curry Chicken & Vegetables
No idea where I got this recipe, but it is one of my favorites. Use your favorite vegetables. I tend to use mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini, but anything will work. I'm guessing on number of servings. I'm not crazy about really spicy dishes, so I always leave out the cayenne pepper.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or 2 tablespoons regular vinegar)
- 14 ounces coconut milk (lite will work ok)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed vegetables, fresh
- 5 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil over medium-high until hot.
- Stir in 5 spice powder, garlic powder, ginger, peppers, soy sauce and salt.
- Add chicken, cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until coated with spices and no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth, curry, vinegar and coconut milk. Stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender - crisp.
- Serve over rice.