Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the April 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 680.38 g yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 453.59 g frozen corn, thawed
- 382.71 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and corn. Stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.