Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is so good. From Southern Living.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- Beat eggs at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, 1/3 water and next 2 ingredients beating well after each addition.
- Add cake mix, beat until blended.
- Beat at high speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and freeze cake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer.
- Spread Coconut Cream Cheese frosting on top of chilled cake.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese with butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add milk and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth.
- Stir in coconut.
Delicious cake! I saw this recipe in one of my Southern Living cookbooks and had to try it. I am so glad I did. We loved it!