Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Given to me by my SIL, this recipe is so easy and makes its own crust, too! Everyone who like coconut loves it. This pie freezes well and makes nice holiday gifts.
- 73.94 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 236.59 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 147.89 ml self-rising flour (or 10 tbs flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp salt)
- 198.44 g shredded coconut, canned,frozen,or fresh (about 2 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add milk, buttermilk, and lemon extract and beat until blended.
- Add flour and coconut and beat just until well mixed.
- Pour batter into two regular 9-inch pie pans or one deep dish 9-5/8-inch pie pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until crust forms on top, and pie is set in center and lightly browned on top.
- Cool and cut into slices.
- Serve at room temperature.
So good and so easy. I also liked having another pie for the freezer for another day.
Didn't know what I was going to think about this one...never had a coconut pie that made its own crust! I'm convinced! Really great recipe and my dad, the coconut lover, took the 2nd pie home with him! Thank you for sharing!