Dolly's Pie Crust
photo by CindiJ
- Ready In:
- Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Cut in lard until fine crumbs appear. DO NOT OVER DO THIS STEP.
- In separate bowl mix together the beaten egg, vinegar and cold water (the colder the better). Add this to the above dry crumb mixture and bring dough together in a ball form.
- Remove from bowl and shape into large disc shape. Double wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Unwrap and place disc on lightly floured board. Cut into 4 wedges and re-wrap 2 wedges and return to refrigerator.
- Roll dough out to desired size and continue with your pie.
- This freezes wonderfully for future use. If you do freeze, make sure to double wrap and place in a freezer bag. Try to use within 8 weeks for best results. If you store in refrigerator, use within a week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Missouri born and bred. Raised in a family of awesome cooks and bakers! I love to cook, bake breads, pies. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone moan or sigh with delight while eating something I've made.