Pecan Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
- Ready In:
- 20 pecan shortbread cookies, processed into crumbs (I'd say probably a good 2 cups of crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Process cookies into crumbs in a food prcessor or crush in a heavy plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press into bottom and sides of a nine-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; it will feel soft, but will firm up as it cools.
- Cool completely before filling with your favorite filling.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me with my oldest grandson, DJ and was taken this past summer when we went on a cruise and land tour of Alaska. I am retired after working for the same company for 25 years. My husband is a retired military officer. After the military he started working for Lockheed and is now retired from there as well. We live in San Jose, CA and have lived in the same house for over 33 years. We have two grown children and 6 beautiful grandchildren. I love to try new recipes and jazz up old ones. Taste of Home and Southern Living are my favorite recipe magazines(I enjoy reading a little bit about the people who submit the recipes). Recipe Zaar is just an incredible site. I've made many new friends since joining. I have tons of cookbooks -- but now when I need a new recipe that I know I can count on, I come here! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg">