My Own Pie Crust
- Ready In:
1 nine inch pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, cold
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a 9" pie plate.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, whisk together oil and milk and pour over the flour mixture.
- Using a fork, mix until completely dampened.
- Press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan, then up the sides and over the rim.
- To use as a baked shell, prick the surface of the dough with a fork several times and bake in a preheated 425* oven for 12-15 minutes; cool and fill as desired.
- To use as an unbaked shell, just fill with the desired pie filling and bake according to the filling directions.
- NOTES: If you want to use the crust for beef pot pies or with any other savory filling, just eliminate the 2 tablespoons sugar.
Join The Conversation