Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From the Magnolia Bakery.
Top Review by sprue
the flavor of these cookies were delicous but the ingredients didnt work so well. my first 2 batches became cookie granola because they were so flat i had to scrape them into a bowl. so i kept adding flour and finally after i had added maybe 1/2cup flour and a huge handful of oats more than the recipe called for they finally were able to stay in cookie shape to come off the pan. i added chocolate chips to the last batch or so and that was delious. i got over 4 dozen cookies with the added flour and oats to stiffen them up. but like i mentioned they did taste delicous and not a cookie (or crumble in the bowl) was left.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- In another larger bowl, cream the butter with the sugars for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add in the dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the oats and coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (leave room for expansion).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool the cookies in the pan for 5 minutes; then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.