1/4 Photos of Coconut Curry Shrimp Cakes W / Papaya Lime Sauce
really easy to make, with great taste. these can also be baked for those who have fear of frying. the sauce is easily whipped up in a blender or processor, and the results...well, you tell me :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons minced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced serrano peppers or 2 teaspoons jalapeno chile
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled,deveined,chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cooking spray or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1in a small saute pan add curry powder on medium heat until fragrant, 30-45 seconds, remove.
- 2mix curry powder and next 13 ingredients, stir well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3divide into 8 patties, and spray a saute pan with cooking spray or use 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 4add 4 patties, cook for 5 mins per side until browned, repeat.
- 5(or you can preheat your oven to 375, spray a pan with spray and cook 10 mins per side).
- 6for sauce:.
- 7process papaya, lime juice, water and sugar until smooth.
- 8to serve:.
- 9place salad greens on 4 plates.
- 10top each plate with 2 shrimp cakes, top with sauce, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, serve.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Curry Shrimp Cakes W / Papaya Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 826.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 17.9 g