Recipe by chia
really easy to make, with great taste. these can also be baked for those who have fear of frying. the sauce is easily whipped up in a blender or processor, and the results...well, you tell me :)
Top Review by MarraMamba
These smelled delicious, the seasoning was perfect but after the first bite i bit into a piece of shrimp that had clearly gone bad so i am giving the 5 stars based on one small bite since its not the recipes fault i couldn't eat more...i was so mad at the shrimp :D The sauce tho was amazing! my papaya wasn't completely ripe so i added a little fresh mango to it as well. Hint for leftover sauce! serve over ice cream, its delicious i actually used both basil and cilantro since i had a small amount only of each, . THis ZWT5 i have used more hot chile peppers than any month before and love it!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons minced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced serrano peppers or 2 teaspoons jalapeno chile
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled,deveined,chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cooking spray or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup peeled papaya, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salad greens
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a small saute pan add curry powder on medium heat until fragrant, 30-45 seconds, remove.
- mix curry powder and next 13 ingredients, stir well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- divide into 8 patties, and spray a saute pan with cooking spray or use 1 tbsp olive oil.
- add 4 patties, cook for 5 mins per side until browned, repeat.
- (or you can preheat your oven to 375, spray a pan with spray and cook 10 mins per side).
- for sauce:.
- process papaya, lime juice, water and sugar until smooth.
- to serve:.
- place salad greens on 4 plates.
- top each plate with 2 shrimp cakes, top with sauce, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, serve.