This pie is made with Cocoa Lopez Cream of Coconut. No need to add sugar to this pie. Creamy and delicious!
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can Coco Lopez
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- Combine Cream of Coconut, evaporated milk, butter, flour, salt, and cornstarch.
- Cook in top of double boiler or medium non-stick pot.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add in egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla, coconut, and food coloring.
- Cook until well thickened.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- When cooled, top with Creamy Cool Whip then toasted coconut.
Oh my, this is so delicious. Without a doubt, the best coconut cream pie I have ever had. I received nothing but rave reviews from everyone at Christmas dinner. Well worth the time and calories!! Thanks for sharing.
This was easy to prepare. I have never made a coconut cream pie before so I wasn't sure what to expect. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and my fear of it not setting up was for not. The pie set up beautifully. We liked the taste and using whipped cream made it very easy. Thank you for sharing with us your recipe.
made filling just as written. topped with real cream. superb and easy.