Recipe by ruby rodriguez
Addictive; was rated grand prize winner in cookie recipe contest--originally submitted by Nancy Jamison
Top Review by Farbunkle
For some reason I have gone crazy this Christmas and decided to make an enormous amount of different kinds of cookies. I chose these because they looked like they would be different from any I had made so far. They are TRULY addictive...I am almost burned out on cookies but these made me crave more! I recommend them hightly. Easy and delish. You won't be dissapointed.Thanks Nancy...these have already become a tradition.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened dried coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, orange peel and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter mixture and beat on low speed for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes.