Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are for coconut lovers...the cookies are filled and rolled in coconut...nice to look as too.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, salted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground to a powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, for rolling
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, coconut, baking soda, and salt; mix until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the butter/sugar mixture; mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls into the shredded coconut.
- Place on cookie sheet; bake until just barely golden (about 10-15 minutes).
Wanted to add a coconut cookie to my holiday trays and this recipe appealed to me on a number of fronts. The dough was very easy to make and came together very quickly. Most of the dough went in to the freezeruntill December,I did bake two cookies as testers. Though the batter was very thick but baked up very nicely. The resulting cookie was crispy on the outside and just slightly chewie on the inside. The cookie has a wonderful oatmeal flavor which I just loved -- making it more like an oatmeal coconut cookie. I didn't have much luck getting a lot of coconut to adhere to the outside but quite frankly, there was plenty in the batter so the few strands were just fine and added a really nice decorative touch.
YUMMY..We loved this cookie. It was crisp on the outside and chewy inside. I will be making this cookie over and over. Thanks Kitten!!!