Chocolate Crackle Cookies
A decadent rich little chocolate cookie. Very pretty and simple to make. I love to use them in cookie swaps
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus additional for dusting hands
- In a bowl (preferably metal) stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and blend in butter. Stir in egg and vanilla until mixture is blended. NOTE: (Some people add ¼ cup mini chocolate chips to make richer, I did not).
- Spread dough in a thin layer in bowl and freeze 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Put 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in a small bowl and dust hands with additional. Roll each piece of dough into a ball (small – gumball size) and then in confectioners' sugar in bowl. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets, bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just set. Cool cookies on racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 18 more