Recipe by Kellogs
If you're bored of the usual cupcake flavors, try these pretty little cakes for something different. You'll be surprized how nicely the flavors compliment eachother.
- 1 cup sugar (I add a couple extra tbsp)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease/paper-line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and peel, if using and mix well.
- Do the same with the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl then mix into the wet ingredients; stirring just until moistened. Fold in the mandarins and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.