Prep 0 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream margarine with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir flour with baking soda, salt and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Fold in chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes for a chewy cookies, 10-11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Transfer to wire cooling racks.
These were great! I accidentally used 1 cup of brown sugar, so I lowered the white sugar to 1/4 cup - still turned out wonderful. This will definetely be my go to recipe for oatmeal cookies! Thanks!
Delicious! I halved the recipe but still used a whole egg so it all came together without crumbling. Also didn't use the walnuts. I'll definitely make them again.
These are my favorite kind of cookies so I might be biased. VERY GOOD. I added 1 extra egg white to give a little mor moisture to the mix. turned out great.