Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We're off on vacation, so we made this last night to use up a few things that would be science experiments if we left them in the fridge 'til we got home! 2 of us ate all of this, but you could stretch it out to serve 4 with a salad and crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 20 green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a fry pan, add the onion and cook until softened (about 5 minutes); add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Add the bacaon and cook a further 5 minutes, then add the wine, andchovies, capsicum, tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and olives and cook a further 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir through the basil, black pepper, then serve over the pasta of your choice.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese to serve.
Perfect recipe for tonight ! I even had two different types of pasta to use up . The olives I had were black and I had a few tiny mozzarella balls that I also stirred through the sauce. Excellent way to go !!