Recipe by Sackville
This is a family favourite. It's not fancy but it sure is good and there are very few dishes to clean up afterwards -- a definite bonus for me!
Top Review by Nado2003
This is my first time using rhubarb. I followed the advise of the other reviewers and substituted the nutmeg for the mace (I don't have any anyway). I also added about 1 cup of fresh strawberries. This is a very easy to follow recipe with few items to clean (I love that). I thought 1 cup of sugar with the fruit was a little bit too sweet for me (I like tart fruit). Excellent recipe. I threw in a couple of tablespoon of oatmeat with the topping because I love oatmeal. Thank you.
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- Combine the rhubarb, one cup sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons flour and mace and spread into a deep pie plate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a crumbly mixture.
- Cover the rhubarb with this mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for about a half hour, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm with cream.