Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
photo by A Marsteller
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, diced, fresh, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a delicious and warming dessert to enjoy on a cold winter's night.Except for one exception, I followed the recipe as written.The only difference I made was to use apples, instead of blackberry. This was a lovely crisp and the whole family enjoyed it with custard for dinner. We especially loved the crisp topping.Thanks Lavender Lynn we will be enjoying this one again.