1/5 Photos of Classic Quiche Lorraine
1 hr 40 mins
Originally made with just bacon. Now, it usually contains onions and Gruyere cheese. A small wedge with a simple fruit salad and/or green salad makes a lovely lunch or light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, partially baked
- 1In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp; transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate using a slotted spoon; let bacon drain.
- 2Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from pan.
- 3Add in onion and shallot; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender; stir in parsley.
- 4In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, mustard, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; add in onion mixture and bacon; stir to combine.
- 5Sprinkle cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- 6Pour egg mixture over all.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean (cover pie crust edges as appropriate if become too brown).
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 9Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 163.1 mg
- Sodium 612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g