Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple french vinaigrette, with clean flavours. If tarragon isn't your favourite herb, you may choose to try another herb instead. When salad dressings from scratch are this simple, why buy processed, store bought?
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and seasonings together. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue whisking until the mixture thickens slightly. You may use an immersion blender if you prefer.
- If you refrigerate the dressing, bring it to room temperature and whisk (or shake well) before serving.
Perfect! This is super easy to throw together and absolutely delicious. I loved the addition of tarragon! Also, making your own salad dressing saves a lot of money. It was lovely on Beet, Mandarin Orange and Spinach Salad, but it could also dress up any old salad. Made for Veg*an Swap.
A very tasty and great over salad! I will be using this again. Thanks for posting another yummy recipe! Made for Vegetarian Swap-VIP-Jan. 2011.
This vinaigrette is a clear winner! So darn easy to put together - and so tasty - you could eat this twice a day. I made mine as directed, and let sit all morning - melding flavors and tastes all together. Thank you sharing such a lovely, simple, recipe that will be used often.