Recipe by Katzen
A simple french vinaigrette, with clean flavours. If tarragon isn't your favourite herb, you may choose to try another herb instead. When salad dressings from scratch are this simple, why buy processed, store bought?
Top Review by Prose
Perfect! This is super easy to throw together and absolutely delicious. I loved the addition of tarragon! Also, making your own salad dressing saves a lot of money. It was lovely on Recipe #362232, but it could also dress up any old salad. Made for Veg*an Swap.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and seasonings together. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue whisking until the mixture thickens slightly. You may use an immersion blender if you prefer.
- If you refrigerate the dressing, bring it to room temperature and whisk (or shake well) before serving.