Sesame Vinaigrette With Chili
Great with Asian greens, Asian noodles, sweet potatoes, and even fruit-especially mangoes and citrus. You will love the aroma! Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison.
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 shallot, finely diced (or 1/2 medium red onion)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon brown sugar (to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil (if you don't have add some crushed red pepper flakes instead)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley or finely sliced scallion) (optional)
- Combine the garlic, ginger, and shallot in a small bowl. Cover with the vinegar, and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sugar, then whisk in the oils.
- Add the cilantro or parsley if desired.
- Taste and adjust the amount of soy sauce and sugar needed. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION