Recipe by lululovesfood
this is soooo good! put it on anything! popcorn, apples, bananas or ice cream!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Well, what can I say? Except that I could, would and nearly did eat the whole recipe myself! This caramel is easy, rich, not too sweet and SO addicting! I wasn't sure how best to photograph it, so I whipped up a cinnamon French toast and topped it with toasted pecans, caramel sauce and maple syrup. Then I drizzled it over some green apple slices. I will never buy another jar of caramel sauce! Thanks for sharing, lululovesfood! Made & enjoyed for the Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef event.
Directions See How It's Made
- be sure to have all ingredients ready from start because as soon as the sugar melts, it is quick to burn so be careful and work fast.
- in a heavy bottom sauce pan, on medium/high heat; melt down the cup of sugar, stirring constantly. this might take a while but once it is melted, the sugar will look a bit amber or brownish in color.
- then add the butter while still stirring. when you add the butter, the sauce will begin to bubble but it's okay.
- then add the 1/2 cup of whipping cream and as you are still stirring, the sauce will start to come together. you can then turn down the heat and serve.
- to re-heat the sauce i usually put my sauce in a tupperware container, heat some water in a pan and place the container in the water.