1/1 Photo of Classic American Cheesecake
This recipe was adopted from a former member ( Mean Chef) who no longer frequents Zaar. Its a delicious recipe that I am delighted to have inherited.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of, of finely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Brush a 9-inch springform pan generously with melted butter.
- 3For crust: Melt butter, stir in cookie crumbs and sugar.
- 4press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon.
- 5Bake until lightly toasted- about 13-15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and cool.
- 7For the cheesecake: In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on low speed until soft and smooth.
- 8Add sugar, vanilla and salt and continue beating until light and creamy- 3-4 minutes.
- 9Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- 10Stir in zest.
- 11Pour batter into springform pan and bake until done (center will be slightly jiggly)- 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 12Turn oven off and leave door slightly open for 1 hour.
- 13Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight.
- 14Remove sides of springform and cake on pan base.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic American Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.2
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.2 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of