Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe was adopted from a former member ( Mean Chef) who no longer frequents Zaar. Its a delicious recipe that I am delighted to have inherited.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush a 9-inch springform pan generously with melted butter.
- For crust: Melt butter, stir in cookie crumbs and sugar.
- press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until lightly toasted- about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the cheesecake: In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on low speed until soft and smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla and salt and continue beating until light and creamy- 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Stir in zest.
- Pour batter into springform pan and bake until done (center will be slightly jiggly)- 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Turn oven off and leave door slightly open for 1 hour.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Remove sides of springform and cake on pan base.
This was a great cheescake. I used my leftover sugar cookies from Christmas for the crust and added a teaspoon of cinnimon. This was my first ever cheesecake and I found it easy to put together and very tastey. I served it with a puree of strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Yummy. Danzy
Wonderful, easy, delicious, perfect! I could go on and on. My DH said if I make cheesecake another way he will kill me. He's joking....I think! Great recipe, and thank you so much for sharing.
Very easy cheesecake, My family wiped it out in one night. I also make some strawberry and blueberry topping.