1/2 Photos of Clam Pasta With Garlic & White Wine - Australia
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 - Australia/New Zealand. The recipe is courtesy of Syrie Wongkaew. What better dish to serve than a steaming plate of clams with pasta. These sweet clams are steamed in a light broth of fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic and white wine and served with spaghetti or linguine pasta. For best results use fresh clams if possible to really take advantage of their salty sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 25 clams, fresh, small
- 3 tomatoes, medium, roughly chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- spaghetti (or linguine for two)
- 1Boil some water in a large pot for the pasta and cook the pasta according to instructions on package. Have it ready around the same time as the clams or just a bit before.
- 2Soak the clams in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes, drain and rinse under cold running water.
- 3Heat the oil and butter over a medium heat in a large, heavy-based pot and add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- 4Next add the garlic, chili flakes and salt and stir for about 20 seconds.
- 5Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for about 7 minutes until their juice starts to evaporate.
- 6Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the clams to the pot and cover with a lid, after 2 - 3 minutes add the wine to the pot, cover again and shake the pot from side to side.
- 7Cook the clams for a further 5 minutes or until they open, then add the parsley and stir with a wooden spoon, cover and shake pot again.
- 8Drain the pasta and then pour the clam mixture on top, stir well and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Pasta With Garlic & White Wine - Australia
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 1738.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 29.2 g