Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 3 quarts peeled ripe tomatoes (about 5 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces, drain.
- Slice oranges and lemons very thin; quarter the slices.
- Tie cinnamon sticks and cloves in cheesecloth bag.
- Place tomatoes in large kettle, add sugar and salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add oranges, lemons and spice bag.
- Boil mixture rapidly, stirring constantly until thick (about 50 minutes).
- Remove from heat; skim foam.
- Pour into 1/2 pint jars and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Recipe can be halved.
Great recipe - wish real marmalade could be this easy. I made this with Lemon Boy tomatoes, to keep the yellow/orange color. This jam tastes great, however it didn't set well. Next time (this week), Iâ€™m going to add in a box of Sure Jell. I think the low acid of the Lemon Boy tomato is what kept it from setting.