Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a recipe out of bon appetit. They are buttery perfection and go great with a hot cup of tea. They also do really well made ahead and reheated, which is what I like about them.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 11 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup diced crystallized ginger
- preheat oven to 400 and lightly flour baking sheet.
- blend flour, sugar, backing powder, and lemon peel in processor.
- add butter using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- transfer mixture to large bowl and make well in center then add 3/4 cup cream, using fork to stir until just moist.
- Mix in ginger.
- transfer dough to flowered surface and knead gently until smooth, about 8 turns. divide dough in half and pat each portion into 3/4 inch thick round.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges and transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons cream.
- Bake scones until light brown, about 18 minutes.
I LOVE citrus and ginger. These scones, fresh out of the oven are amazing.