Orange Ginger Scones
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a TOH recipe. I have not tried these yet, but they are in my -want to try- file. They list these as being .23 cents per serving. WOW!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 2 TBLS sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the egg, sour cream, and orange peel; add to crumb mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pat each portion into a 7" circle; cut each into 6 wedges.
- Seperate wedges and place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION