Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Hometown Cooking 10/99. Karen M. Heleski of Ubly, Michigan said this is a family recipe her mother passed down to her that she plans to teach her daughters. This is a delicious and simple quick bread.
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing (I must confess, that's never happened--the bread is gone the same day).
This is a wonderful recipe. Highly recommended! The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup of sugar in the bread instead of 1 cup. Thanks AmyZoe :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Yum! This is really good and simple. Thanks for sharing this keeper that I'll make again and again. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.
5 stars for ease; 10 stars for flavor! YUM! We enjoyed this for a warming breakfast on a cold wintery day. Of course, the house smells fabulous while this in baking and once it come out of the oven, the waiting is the hardest part! the sugar cinnamon topping makes sort of a crust on top. YUM! I can't stop saying YUM! LOL Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe, AmyZoe.