Recipe by AmyZoe
I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Hometown Cooking 10/99. Karen M. Heleski of Ubly, Michigan said this is a family recipe her mother passed down to her that she plans to teach her daughters. This is a delicious and simple quick bread.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a wonderful recipe. Highly recommended! The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup of sugar in the bread instead of 1 cup. Thanks AmyZoe :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing (I must confess, that's never happened--the bread is gone the same day).