Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, powdered
- Combine everything in a blender or mixer.
- Process until smooth.
- Store refrigerated for upto 1 week or frozen for upto 2 months.
- Serve on warm bread toast slices for a quick snack or brunch.
This is really delicious. It's very flavorful and is a great way to jazz up any meal. Thanks so much for posting. Made for Herb/Spice of the Month.
I made this to go with the rolls on our Easter-dinner table and it was delicous! Admitedly, I did reduce the orange juice to 2 tsp after reading Marg's review and I thought it was perfect! I think I'm gonna use the leftovers to make some cinnamon buns, (spreading it inside the dough before roll and slice) sounds delish, can't wait to try!
I was in the mood for orange-cinnamon rolls but I didn't have the time to make them. I decided to try this recipe to see if it would satisfy the craving. Very easy to make and lovely on toast. It is even better the second day, as the flavors have blended more. Next time I will cut back on the orange a bit and increase the cinnamon so it is the more predominant flavor, but that is personal preference. This would make a fantastic addition to a brunch buffet as it makes ordinary toast something special. Thanks, Char, for sharing!