Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a versatile, quick breadstick recipe. Hope you like them as much as we do.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon sugar, or
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place oil and butter or margarine in 9x13 pan and place in oven to melt.
- Stir dry ingredients together. Gradually add milk stirring till a dough forms and leaves the side of the bowl. Knead 5-6 times in the bowl. Place on floured countertop and roll into 9x13 rectangle. Lay dough into pre-heated pan on top of the butter and oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar OR garlic salt. Cut into strips. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
These are really good considering how easy they are! I cut the recipe in half(there's only 2 of us) and I added 1 tbsp of olive oil to the dough and some Italian seasoning and some garlic. I also sprinkled cheese in top the last few minutes if cooking. Really recommend this to anyone that wants breadsticks but thinks they don't have the proper ingredients. It is more of a bread consistency due to the fact that there's no yeast. Ill definitely be making these again!
This is such a simple and tasty breadstick recipe! Cooks almost like a dense flatbread in the hot oven with all that butter. I made the garlic version; I forgot to cut it before baking so took it out of the dish and used my pizza cutter to slice into strips after baking and that worked out fine. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
Simple and Delicious!... My kids loved them!