Recipe by Grandma Deb
Here is a versatile, quick breadstick recipe. Hope you like them as much as we do.
Top Review by mmcgeachie88
These are really good considering how easy they are! I cut the recipe in half(there's only 2 of us) and I added 1 tbsp of olive oil to the dough and some Italian seasoning and some garlic. I also sprinkled cheese in top the last few minutes if cooking. Really recommend this to anyone that wants breadsticks but thinks they don't have the proper ingredients. It is more of a bread consistency due to the fact that there's no yeast. Ill definitely be making these again!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon sugar, or
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place oil and butter or margarine in 9x13 pan and place in oven to melt.
- Stir dry ingredients together. Gradually add milk stirring till a dough forms and leaves the side of the bowl. Knead 5-6 times in the bowl. Place on floured countertop and roll into 9x13 rectangle. Lay dough into pre-heated pan on top of the butter and oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar OR garlic salt. Cut into strips. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.