Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but these cookies get rave reviews (and recipe requests) when ever I make them. You can make them as directed, but they are also good if you add nuts or chocolate chips or what ever you like in your cookies. I've made them with chocolate chips or just hazelnuts and both were delicious. My children love them, as well. They make the house smell wonderful when ever I bake them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg and molasses; blending well.
- Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
These cookies are very good. My DD made them with Spenda, plus she added some semi sweet and white chocolate chips to them.
These cookies were very tasty and soft. My guests loved them.
We loved this cookie.I did add 1 cup fine chop walnuts.This is cookie jar keeper.Thanks, Ginny Potter