Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes
- Ready In:
24 delicous cupcakes
- 3 cups of soft wheat flour (no all purpose, whole wheat works too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 cup best cocoa powder (Honestly, Hershey's is great)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons oil (anything BUT olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined. Add flour mixture to the mixer and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Batter should look and feel more watery than normal cake batters.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Immediately remove cupcakes from muffin tin and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a dancer with very little time to do other things.. Cooking is one of my favorite pass times (I am seldom found with out my Martha Stewart cook book or Marthastewart magazine). I am very athletic, love any form of exercise, and I am very creative and artistic. Love Boston and hope to move there some day. It really bothers me to cook in a dirty kitchen! Rule of thumb "Never make a mess on top of a mess"... Only results into a Monstrous mess! I am a VERY neat, and organized, my mind can't function in a cluttered situation. I love my rabbit, and I love clean bed sheets with a heavy quilt to warm me in the winter time. I Love to knit, and sew. If one was to take me to a place of my choice, I would choose a sandy white beach, in a remote area. Aaaa, so relaxing!! I couldn't live with out music, one of my favorite things even created. I love all season, but I tend to favor summer. My dream Dance role is Juliet in Romeo and Juliet. Aaa, that will be the day when I shed tears of joy and pain combine. To finish off, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ above all things.