Recipe by CheesyGal
This is a wonderful bread recipe. This recipe is from a friend of mine at work who rarely cooks. This recipe is extremely easy to prepare, so ya'll give it a try.
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
As another reviewer mentioned, this is similar to Amish friendship bread. I love that you get that similar taste without dealing with a starter. I did mix up an additional cinnamon sugar mixture to cover the tops sufficiently. I used two small boxes of pudding, which was about 7 ounces, and I omitted the nuts. Great use of my self-rising flour.
- 2 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Mix one teaspoon cinnamon and two teaspoons of sugar (for each loaf pan).
- Coat bottom of pans.
- Fill each pan about 1/2 full with the mix above.
- Sprinkle top with remaining mix of cinnamon and sugar (split between the two pans).
- Bake at 325 for about 50 minutes or until brown.