Recipe by shellbee
a quick bread with no yeast or abm from jean pare. zaar computer would not reconize the word topping so I called the topping frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup soured milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE BREAD; measure top 10 ingredients in order given into large mixing bowl.
- beat three minutes.
- pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- smooth top.
- sprinkle with topping.
- FOR THE TOPPING;combine all ingredients.
- mix till crumbly.
- sprinkle over smoothedf batter.
- using a knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
- test with toothpick; when inserted it should come outy clean.