Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
These moist pancakes are a favorite breakfast treat as we sit on the porch in the mornings! The apples are ripe at the same time that the walnut trees and the vineyard are turning a golden yellow with fiery red accents!
Top Review by Boomette
These pancakes were a hit even with DH who sometimes doesn't like flavored pancakes. So that's great :) I didn't peel the apple. I used a large apple that gave me 1 cup shredded. Thanks That Napa Chicken Ranch for posting this recipe :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup apple, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, egg, milk and apple.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir the flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined (overmixing makes the batter tough!)
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with cinnamon syrup if you have it!