Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Healthy Across America. I love to double or triple the recipe for school and freeze the extras. Just reheat in the toaster or microwave for a minute or two until piping hot.
- 354.88 ml quick oats (not instant)
- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (I like a little more)
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml liquid egg substitute
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, applesauce, and butter.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Coat skillet or equivalent with spray and place on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup batter at a time to make pancakes.
- Cook on one side until tiny bubbles form along edges.
- Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes per side.