Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an easy tomato-free recipe that goes great with Mexican dishes. It's also good alongside a black bean/corn salad with lots of grilled veggies and assorted dips or salsas.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (or white)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro, finely minced
- Toss lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro with the cooked rice. Serve warm.
- or cold.
I LOVE making rice this way and I'm not even a big fan of cilantro. But it's GREAT here! Really goes great with marinated grilled flank steak!
Warn the kids. Mine were quite displeased with the "sour rice". I love the lime/cilantro combo in anything, but I think I put in too much lime juice. The intoxicating aroma of juicing a lime and chopping cilantro is better than even consuming it.
Mmm - perfection! Just like Chipotle's! I used one pouch of Uncle Ben's instant rice and then mixed in the other stuff. Hubby and I were both wanting more! Thanks for sharing!