Black Bean & Corn Salad with Avocado
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, cooked (can use canned)
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted & diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- chili powder
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a small jar.
- Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a large plastic container or bowl with a cover, toss the beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro together.
- Shake lime dressing again and pour it over the salad.
- Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, cover and refrigerate.
- Let this sit for a while to blend flavors.
- If you can, remove the container from the refrigerator every so often and turn upside down and back gently a couple of times to redistribute the dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Trying to find low cal tasty recipes, this is a great one! I do slice the avocados on top when serving to keep them fresh. And the flavors in this are even better the next day, so make alot because it goes fast. 4-25-09 I make this quite often now, and have given the recipe to all my friends and family.
So happy to find this here! Don't know where my copy is and I need it. I LOVE this salad! I like to use multi-colored bell peppers and red onions. I add the avocados at serving time so they stay nicer looking. It is BEAUTIFUL. I got it from a friend and it was out of a cookbook called "That All May Be Fed" or some other earthy-type title (probably vegan). It is great if you have really good corn-on-the-cob but I have been using a frozen corn called super-sweet white and it is also good, especially when you cook massive quantities like I usually do.