Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad over Red Quinoa With Cilant
photo by TishT
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa (red quinoa preferred)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄2 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- olive oil, Anywhere from a drizzle to 1/8 Cup
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped (optional)
- sea salt and pepper (optional)
- cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash agave nectar
- Cook quinoa with broth according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion and top with Cilantro dressing (the recipe is below) and toss gently. Taste, as it may not need any more salt (mine did not). Add salt and pepper if desired and the lime zest to taste (I added the full 1/2 lime zest). Add 1/2 of the chopped cilantro if desired, and gently toss once more and set aside.
- When quinoa is cooked, drizzle with olive oil. If you are watching calories and fat go light on the oil here or omit as the bean mixture has plenty! Toss and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, spread the quinoa on a large platter and top with bean mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
- Cilantro Dressing: Place last 6 ingredients in a container with tight fitting lid and shake! Taste and adjust.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again