Cafe Rio Cilantro-Lime Rice
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- Brown onion and rice in oil.
- Place water/stock, bouillon, cilantro, lime zest, and salt in blender till blended thoroughly.
- Add water mixture to rice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and add lime juice.
- Serve with Cafe Rio pork and beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have never eaten at Café Rio, but love cilantro and tried this recipe. EXECELLENT!! My husband and kids all had seconds! I sautéed a clove of pressed garlic with onions and used low-sodium chicken broth. I cooked in in a low-profile oven-proof pan and cooked it in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes, until rice was tender. I likethe oven method for even cooked rice without the crusty, sometimes burned bottom. Making it now!
see 1 more reviews