Black & White Bean & Corn Salad
photo by Cookin-jo
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 7mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onions or 6 -8 green onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- fresh parsley, chopped (approx. 1/4 cup)
- red & yellow pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- In large mixing bowl place the rinsed and drained beans, drained corn, diced tomatoes, onions & celery. Toss lightly to mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar and onion powder. Mix well for 1 minute. Whisk in vinager.
- Pour over bean and corn mixture. Mix well.
- Place in covered storage vessel and chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Stir and garnish with optional red & yellow peppers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
All things good wrapped in one very good recipe. I used the 2T.sugar in the dressing & didn't find it any too sweet at all, just right. Used 1 whole green bell pepper & just tossed it in with the rest of the stuff. This is a great recipe to take to work & have for that mid morning & afternoon snack we all need. Serve it up in little bowls as the dressing will run all over your plate if you don't.