Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Rice to the Rescue contest winning recipe. The recipe doesn't call to season with salt the shrimp/chicken, but I would.
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- 2 red jalapeno chiles, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or 1 lb chicken tenders
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, 1/4 cup oil (4 tablespoons), salt and pepper in food processor; process until fine texture; set aside.
- Toss shrimp with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; arrange on grill or rack in broiler pan. Grill or broil 4 inches from heat source 2 minutes on each side or until opaque in center.
- Combine hot rice with half of the cilantro mixture; mix well. Place on platter; top with shrimp and spoon remaining cilantro mixture over shrimp.
Wonderful recipe! Made exactly as written and used chicken. LOVED the flavors in this sauce! We cannot wait to have it again...my mouth is still watering. Thank you so much for a great recipe!