Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different and tasty way to serve chicken! I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from a local paper. Serving size below is varied - depends on your appetite!
- 3 large chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 packages george washington golden seasoning chicken broth, powder (if unable to find, any powdered chicken broth will do)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Mix flour with the G Washington Golden and garlic powder (set aside 1 tablespoon flour mixture).
- Coat chicken with flour and brown in butter.
- Place chicken in a baking pan.
- Stir reserved flour into the butter in the skillet.
- Slowly add water and stir over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Add chutney and stir until blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.
This is a great recipe-with robust flavor! We all loved this. Thanks!
I have been meaning to review this recipe for nearly a year now! This is one of the all time best recipes I have for chicken - and I have hundreds! The flavor is very subtle and the chicken is so very moist!I have served this multiple times and always had every bite disappear - even when I thought I made enough for a whole second meal! I always use the magno chutney from Trader Joes- which I highly recommend.