Recipe by Ambervim
There is a very nice flavor and will vary depending on the chutney you use. I have mango trees, so have copious quantities of various mango chutneys. It is great as a tea sandwich!
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (sour cream if you don't have it. Don't use mayo if the sandwiches are going to sit out.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney (or some other chutney)
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything in a small bowl and mix well.
- A VERY thin bread is great, otherwise choose what you like.
- For tea sandwiches, stack bread and cut off crusts. Save crusts for another recipe. If you want spread a thin layer of butter on the bread. Spread chicken salad on the bread and top with another slice (with or without butter).
- Cut into squares, rectangles or triangles. If triangles, place on plate points up.
- If you have made this ahead of time cover with wax paper and then a damp tea towel to keep them moist.