1/1 Photo of Chutney Chicken Salad (Great for Tea Sandwiches)
There is a very nice flavor and will vary depending on the chutney you use. I have mango trees, so have copious quantities of various mango chutneys. It is great as a tea sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (sour cream if you don't have it. Don't use mayo if the sandwiches are going to sit out.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mango chutney (or some other chutney)
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1Combine everything in a small bowl and mix well.
- 2A VERY thin bread is great, otherwise choose what you like.
- 3For tea sandwiches, stack bread and cut off crusts. Save crusts for another recipe. If you want spread a thin layer of butter on the bread. Spread chicken salad on the bread and top with another slice (with or without butter).
- 4Cut into squares, rectangles or triangles. If triangles, place on plate points up.
- 5If you have made this ahead of time cover with wax paper and then a damp tea towel to keep them moist.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chutney Chicken Salad (Great for Tea Sandwiches)
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: