Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 50 mins
A warming chili that will fill you up :P
Make and share this Chunky Beef Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, broken up and undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over med-hi heat.
- Add boneless beef chuck pieces, 1 c chopped onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until beef is evenly browned. Pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle salt lover beef.
- Add tomatoes w/ juice, water, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano and crushed red pepper.
- Cover tightly; reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add beans; continue cooking, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and additional chopped onion.
I usually make my chili with minced meat and found the chunks nice for a change. I halved the recipe and added 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and about 1 teaspoon of Tabasco to the mix. I served it with the onion, cheese, and sour cream and we ate it over rice.