1 hr 50 mins
A warming chili that will fill you up :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, broken up and undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over med-hi heat.
- 2Add boneless beef chuck pieces, 1 c chopped onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until beef is evenly browned. Pour off drippings.
- 3Sprinkle salt lover beef.
- 4Add tomatoes w/ juice, water, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano and crushed red pepper.
- 5Cover tightly; reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- 6Add beans; continue cooking, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with cheese and additional chopped onion.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Beef Chili
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.4 mg
- Sodium 621.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 55.4 g