Chunky Beef Ragu
photo by rabbit19_2003
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 whole fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 16 ounces cooked pasta
- Sear chuck in olive oil on all sides and remove from pan and set aside.
- Leaving oil left in pan add butter.
- Once butter has melted add onions and garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add celery and carrots, cooking until tender.
- Add chuck back to pan and add tomato paste stir to incorporate cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and stir to incorporate, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beef stock to pan.
- Add bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs stir in cooked pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!