Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I first made this on Christmas day in 2001. It tastes great and my kids drank it in no time!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups scalding hot milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- In top of double boiler, combine the cocoa, sugar and water; mixing until you have a smooth paste.
- Place over low heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Put top of double boiler over boiling water and continue to cook, boiling for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk to scalding. Do not boil.
- Sowly pour the chocolate mixture into the scalding milk, whisking until it is smooth and heated through.
- Whisk in the cinnamon.
- Pour into heated mugs and add a cinnamon stick if desired.
- Serves 8.
I made this the other night for my neighbors and it was a BIG hit. So much so, it was requested for tonight too! YUMMY!!!!!
This Hot Chocolate was delicious. made as written. It's a keeper. Thanks Zusie-Q. bullwinkle
This is a rich, chocolatey concoction just right for blustery, wintery days! I usually don't add the cinnamon and I usually half the recipe for my husband and I. It's a little too chocolatey for me, but my husband says it's just right.